Wednesday, February 13, 2008

In Praise of Giant Robot


I recently saw the movie Cloverfield which I enjoyed, but it left me empty. I thought it needed something, something more than a steady cam, it needed a GIANT ROBOT. I mean one of the early rumors was that this monster movie was a big budget take on Voltron or GoLion to you from Japan. I mean its time; time we the viewing public see some giant robot action. I mean my God! how long must we endure celluloid scenarios were we the people only have conventional weapons to use against giant beasts with the destructive powers of nukes. We needs a change! We need an Ultraman or related family, Voltron, or Tranzor Z. We need brave men and women seen jumping into expensive, excessive weapons of mass destructions whopping the tar out of some CGI monstrosity and we need it now.

However, there are some caveats:

No teenage robot pilots [if you realized the number of fatalities from underage Mecha piloting you would throw out your anime collection]

No emo pilots [they freeze in battle or they go bezerk]

Robot must have a cool name and design [These are Super Robots not realistic forms of robotics]

and above all else it must be BAD ASS

ps this is an image by cheeks-74 on Deviant Art

No comments: